Why join Mental Health Reform?
Mental Health Reform is the national coalition on mental health in Ireland. Member organisations join Mental Health Reform to add their voice to the thousands calling for progressive reform of Ireland’s mental health services. We are stronger together, and there are a number of important benefits of becoming a member of the coalition.
Our strength is derived from our membership. Mental Health Reform relies on members for their experience, skills and ideas in driving our reform agenda. Join us and become part of the movement!
- Clear and active engagement in calling for progressive reform of mental health services
- Opportunities to engage with stategic State mental health fora
- Updates on strategic developments in mental health
- Notification of upcoming events relating to mental health
- Successfully campaigned for the national roll-out of 7-day adult mental health services
- Successful in campaigning for the appointment of 114 assistant psychologists in primary care
- National roll out of evidence based supported employed following our pilot project
- 20.3% increase in mental health funding (2013-2018)
- Establishment of the 1st Oireachtas Committee on mental health
- 1st Parliamentary Forum on mental health
Who can become a Member?
Mental health Reform offers both governing membership and associate membership to organisations who share our vision and values.
Mental Health Reform expect all of our members adhere to principles of good Governance.
Types of Memberships
Governing Membership is open to not-for-profit/non-governmental organisations with the exception of unions, professional associations, training and education bodies and non-governmental organisations who provide inpatient mental health services and/or approved centre(s). Governing members can participate in the Board structures of Mental Health Reform and have the right to vote and participate in official business of the Company at its General Meetings.
Membership fees for Governing Members are calculated on the annual income of the organisation as per their most recently filed annual accounts.
€1m and above
€700k to €999k
€400k – €699k
€100k – €399k
Associate membership is open to all non-governmental organisations who are committed to the implementation of A Vision for Change, including unions, professional associations, training and education bodies and those who provide inpatient mental health services and/or approved centres. Associate members do not participate in the Board structures of Mental Health Reform and do not have the right to vote or participate in official business of the Company at General Meetings.
Membership fees for Associate Members is €113 per annum.
How to become a Member
- Download the Membership Application Form.
- Return your completed form to Mental Health Reform.
- Mental Health Reform will be in touch when we receive your form.
Return your application by post:
Mental Health Reform,
Return your application by email:
Become a Supporter
As an individual, you can join the movement to drive progressive change of our mental health services and supports in Ireland.
We have thousands of individual supporters who engage with our work; from signing petitions for 24/7 crisis mental health services to sharing their experiences which are brought to Government.
You can keep up to date about our work, engagement opportunities and add your voice to ours by becoming a Supporter. You can support our work by signing up to our newsletter, following us on social media, or donating.