This HSE funded event will explore themes including the prevalence of mental health difficulties within the LGBTI+ community, access to services and supports, early intervention and prevention for young people, and how services can be delivered in a manner sensitive to the needs of LGBTI+ people.
Chaired by Dil Wickremasinghe, the conference will be opened by Minister of State for Mental Health & Older People, Mary Butler TD.
- Professor Agnes Higgins – TCD and Chair of Mental Health Reform
- Vanessa Lacey – Health & Education Manager, TENI
- Paula Fagan – CEO, LGBT Ireland
- Moninne Griffith – CEO, BelongTo
- Dr Aileen Murtagh – St Patricks Mental Health Services
Time: 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Additional contributions will be made by the staff of Mental Health Reform, LGBT Ireland, and BelongTo, and, vitally, speakers with lived experience of seeking out and accessing mental health services & supports.
To accompany this exciting programme of discussion, the morning will begin with a short Chair Yoga and Mindfulness Session with panels being interspersed with short cultural contributions, including:
- A presentation by Nicola Ralston of the National Library of Ireland on the photographic work of LGBTI+ rights activist Christopher Robson
- A screening of the Anna Rodgers short film, I AM, and
- A performance of a commissioned poem by artist Felispeaks.