Mental Health Reform are currently advertising for the vacancy of Expert Finance Director on our Board of Management.
About Mental Health Reform
The vision of Mental Health Reform (MHR) is of an Ireland where people experiencing mental health difficulties can recover their well-being and live a full life in their community. MHR aims to be the unifying voice that drives progressive reform of mental health supports.
MHR operates in accordance with its Financial Procedures Manual and the Code of Practice for Good Governance of Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations in Ireland. MHR is preparing their annual accounts using the Charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP).
Expert Director (Finance)
The Board of Mental Health Reform is seeking a suitable individual for the role of Expert Director (Finance). The role of the Expert Director (Finance) is to chair Mental Health Reform’s Audit and Finance Committee and to report to the Board of Directors on the financial budgeting and management systems.
Specific duties of the Expert Director (Finance) include:
- Chairing the finance and audit committee
- presenting recommendations of the committee to the Board of Directors
- reviewing financial procedures
- liaising with the Executive Director regarding financial matters
- ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and ensuring any recommendations of the auditors are implemented.
A more detailed role description is available on request.
You will have experience of financial control and budgeting, good communications and interpersonal skills, a willingness to be contacted on an ad hoc basis and the ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed up. You will have a working knowledge of SORP.
The anticipated time commitment is estimated at four hours per month.
via Boardmatch www.boardmatch.ie
Informal enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org